Apply to the up and coming ONLINE SHOP!
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN OPEN CALL FOR ANY ARTISTS LOOKING TO SELL THEIR WORK WITH A WAY ART GALLERY.
A WAY Art Gallery is pleased to announce a new open call for artists to be part of the new ONLINE SHOP debuting in 2021! The gallery saw incredible growth this year and we're excited to continue to build our platform and support more artists in the year ahead. We have primarily shown painting, sculpture, prints, photography, digital art, and embroidery in the past but are open to any media. We look forward to reviewing all of your submissions and thank you once again for your interest in joining our community.
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced up to $ 1,000 CAD retail value.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call. This is an open call with no specific theme.
- Please only enter pieces that have not been reserved by any other gallery or booked for exhibitions within our three-month consignment period. If work is selected by our curatorial team, artists will be contacted for additional information, images and also be asked to sign a contract.
- We ask that these selected works be reserved by the artist for sales through A WAY Art Gallery.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece. We will contact you for close-up shots.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 20% commission and the artist will receive 80%. Gallery commission should not be added to the artist's normal selling price - no exceptions.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as-is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid promptly upon the buyer receiving the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties (please ensure the work for the full retail amount).
- Works are generally offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.